UX/UI Design Lead -
Dillard’s Inc. Little Rock, AR - 2012 – present
Agile UX Practice Lead managing a team with an UX Engineer, User Researchers, Usability Analyst and 3 UX Front-end Developers supporting ecommerce and internal application projects. Launched and developed UI design framework to improve front code standards and standardize UI presentation layer for Enterprise user. Additional skills include user testing, brainstorm facilitation, wire framing, prototyping (static and click-through), UI quality control and senior leadership & client presentations. Applications: Balsamiq, Basecamp, Fireworks, Just In Mind Prototyper, Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint & Morae.
Web Graphic Designer -
Miami Children's HospitalMiami FL - 2011 – 2012
Designer for web applications team of developers, focused on designing UI's and UI/UX strategies for iPad/iPhone apps, and Sharepoint intranet. Curriculum development & co-teaching for monthly SharePoint 2007/2010 ILT course. Client services for long-range projects and daily helpdesk MOSS troubleshooting. Miscellaneous projects: organizational desktop themes, program logos, iPad/iPhone icon set, training support user guides (design/copywriting) and promotional site banner (design/copywriting).
Creative Communications Designer/ Manager – Operations, Kaplan University Ft. Lauderdale FL - 2008 to 2011
One of two communications managers who supported Student Operations department for Kaplan
University's seven Operations Centers throughout North America. Team's mission was to “take
communications to the next level.”
Web Developer – IT Department, Miami-Dade State Attorney’s OfficeMiami, FL - 2007 to 2008
- SharePoint 2007 sub site UI Development, programming and management content planning for
SharePoint 2007 sub site (multimedia, content and web development)
- Video concept, sound recording and video editing
- Campaign concept co-development plus design/develop tasks for print, Flash, web and video.
- SharePoint 2007 custom workflow program used as back-end for employee image supported
Kudos e-mail program. (Web Creative Suite CS4)
- Creation of project and implementation plan for central SharePoint 2007 document library.
- Dreamweaver, PhotoShop and Fireworks (Web Creative Suite CS4)
Content/navigation planning, content development, graphic development/production, HTML & CSS markup, banner ads, logo & icon design, cross-browser testing, script writing, Flash, video planning & editing, software application interface design, form design and management, and site maintenance.
Design / Marketing Assistant – Regional Marketing Team,
Cushman & WakefieldMiami, FL 2005 - 2007
- Reduced web development budget by 75% by installing a streamlined
file maintenance program
- Analyzed and managed redevelopment of a bilingual extranet an intranet site
- Lobbied for and attained approval/funding to publish external website in
Spanish and English
- Directed production/editing of bilingual video (Premiere & Flash Video Encoder)
- Installed SharePoint Media Server - cutting costs & adding availability to attorney’s training videos
- UI designer and developer both an Intranet and Internet sites (Dreamweaver8, Flash8 & PhotoShop)
Print Designer: Offering Memorandum Brochures, Property Flyers, Maps, Stacking Plans, Charts/Graphs, E-mail Blasts, Signage, Templates, Photo Retouching, InDesign
Graphic Designer – Niles Audio Corporation Miami, FL - 1999 - 2001
- Designed promotional materials for the highest selling commercial building in Miami Beach up to that point. The Lincoln - $74,000,000 (InDesign, Illustrator, and PhotoShop)
- Implemented a monthly support staffer marketing training program to help address marketing resources shortage issues
Design and print production for product brochures, trade show graphics, Macromedia FLASH presentations, company website updates, print bids, and project management.
Editorial Designer and Web Content Manager -
Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About Miami, FL - 1996 - 2001
Editor of monthly web/print newsletter. Content research & annual issues planning. Established and managed editorial and parent volunteer board’s contribution. Press & advertising contact. HTML updates.